What is bullying?
A bully is someone who purposely tries to hurt others by making them feel uncomfortable.
- Sometimes bullies think they will win or get what they want
- Bullies hurt by hitting, name calling and spreading nasty rumors
- Sometimes bullies want to impress and entertain their friends
- Sometimes bullies are being bullied by someone else
What is cyber bullying?
Cyber bullying is when any child uses any electronic device such as a cellphone, computer, or a tablet to make other children feel bad or unsafe.
- There are many ways that you can cyber bully someone. Cyber bullying hurts and it affects everyone.
- Those who cyber bully others can get into serious trouble at school and with law enforcement. Punishments can include getting suspended, paying a fine, losing internet access and even going to jail.
- Those who experience cyber bullying can feel like they are bringing the bully home with them. Can you imagine how awful that would be to have someone who bullies you all the time? Victims of cyber bullying can feel alone, become depressed or even hurt themselves and others.
- Even if you have never been cyber bullied, you may know someone it has happened to. If you witness cyber bullying, you need to know how to be a good cyber citizen to help stop it.